Thursday, February 9, 2012

A simple infinity scarf

So, on Tuesday, Isabella brought home a lovely invitation - castles, rainbows, unicorns, and the birthday party is the Saturday. Yeah, it didn't leave me with much time.
I rang to RSVP (please note, I do that because it's manners. Not replying to an invitation is one helluva good and quick way to piss off a parent >.<) and asked the mum what the birthday girl would like. Turns out she's a very girly girl, and constantly loses her hair elastics (quelle surprise. Mine do the same), so the suggestion was some hair elastics from the $2 shop. I though about this for a minute or ten, then figured that instead of buying her some elastics/clips, etc I may as well make her a scarf. But scarves are boring, unless they're decorative. And I can't be bothered making a scoodie in 3 days (I could, I just don't want to). So, I decided to think for a minute. An infinity scarf is great for kids, because they don't end up with it tangled up, and it's easy to use.

I'll update with the birthday girl wearing her scarf after the weekend, but in the meanwhile, here's the pattern (written in UK terminology).



Using 8ply yarn and a 5.5mm hook, chain 19
*Treb into 4th stitch, and 1 treb into each stitch.**
Repeat * to ** for approximately 50 rows (or to length).
Twist scarf once, and single stitch both ends together.
Voila! You are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment