Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Christmas Wreath

So, we finally have a lovely old fashioned house, where we can actually have a Christmas wreath on the front door.
And yanno, I love this. I just don't like any almost all of the wreaths I've seen so far.
And since we use a different colour each year (we didn't last year, because we were at That Woman's house, so were stuck with her decorations), I wanted to make a wreath in the colours we are using.
And then I thought about it, and figured I could make on in almost all colours, and then use it year after year after year.
So, I thought of what I wanted. Instead, I ended up listing what I don't want.

  • I don't want an evergreen wreath.
  • I don't want a shopping bag wreath.
  • I don't want something that will date too easily.
  • I don't want something boring.
So, I figure I'll make a Christmas bauble wreath. It looks easy, the kids can help, I can use all sorts of colours and textures.
It's modern, fun, and still Christmas-y.

In vaguely related news, I refuse to put icicles out the front. I also will not be using traditional Christmas lights.
I'm thinking dragonfly shaped outdoor lights along the verandah - it has some lovely fret work that will look stunning with lights draped from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment