Saturday, August 28, 2010

My first aid kit

I have this old, square tin box. It's around 30 cm by 30 cm, around 7 inches the other way.
I use it as my first aid kit.
Only thing is, it's old. And when I say old, I mean old. As in, my understanding is that its the same box that Grandfather used to use to take all the tapes, bandages, etc, to matches when he was a soccer coach. And that was when Mum was a kid.
So, it's looking kinda worse for wear. It isn't exactly attractive in the first place, mind, but the powdered paint finish is coming off, and it's starting to rust.
So, I've set myself a challenge.
I'm going to paint it. I now just need to work out colours (the traditional white with a red cross, or vice versa, or should I go something different?).
I will be using rust proof paint on it, though. That (hopefully) will make a vague difference.
I'll keep you updated

No comments:

Post a Comment